Welcome to the Library Services Wiki
We will be providing information about library services to all library staff in both the State University System and the Florida College System. In the future you can use this wiki as a resource for the ILS serving both the colleges and universities.
Click on Help for information on using the wiki software.
Visit the main Implementation Wiki
- Acquisitions/Serials Working and Discussion Groups
- Cataloging/Authorities Working and Discussion Groups
- Circ/Resource Sharing Working and Discussion Groups
- Discovery Configuration Working and Discussion Groups
- Discovery Interface Working and Discussion Groups
- ERM Working and Discussion Groups
- Joint Use Working and Discussion Groups
- Systems Working and Discussion Groups
- Training Working and Discussion Groups
- Implementation Team
FLVC Members Council on Library Services Standing Committees
- Technical Services Standing Committee
- User Interface Standing Committee
- Collection Management and E-Resources Standing Committee
- Resource Sharing Standing Committee
- Digital Initiatives Standing Committee
- Islandora Sub Group (reports to DISC)
- Discovery Tool Selection Task Force
- Next-Gen ILS Task Force
- Textbook Affordability and OER Standing Committee
- Library Assessment Standing Committee
ILS - Aleph
FLVC migrated the FCS and SUS Aleph environments into one physical system with one Aleph software installation over the weekend of August 3rd, 2013. Since then, FLVC maintains two parallel regions for the SUS and FCS. Linked from here are materials that were posted for libraries prior to the August 3 migration.
FLVC has implemented a new process for managing discovery records for Patron Driven Acquisitions/Demand Drive Acquisitions (PDA/DDA) plans. Linked from here is more information about the process and what it means to the FCS and SUS libraries.
UPD Y is what FLVC calls the Aleph functionality for automatically updating bib record headings from authority records. This functionality has been turned on for the FCS Aleph for some time but not for the SUS. Linked from here is information about the project to turn on UPD Y for the SUS.
Metalib and SFX
FLVC completed its consolidation of the current FCS and SUS MetaLib environment on October 1, 2013. Similar to the recent consolidation of the Aleph/ILS environments, the two environments run in parallel on one physical system that utilizes a single software installation. There are no changes to the public-facing interfaces of the product.
The SFX consolidation successfully went live on November 14. We are now supporting a single, consolidated SFX environment, in alignment with legislative expectations. Future plans for SFX will depend on the consolidated discovery tool. The Discovery Tool Selection Task Force recommended (and the Members Council on Library Services agreed) that the link resolver related to the underlying aggregate index be implemented in conjunction with the discovery system. Funds do not exist to support retaining more than one mega-aggregate index and link resolver for statewide use, so as FLVC is planning to switch to the new mega-aggregate index, we will be planning to switch over to a new link resolver at that same time.